Djembe with plastic skin (drumhead) vs. classic djembe


When I started to make drums (djembe agave drum), I would create them, normally, in a classic way with the skin of a goat.. Later I added to my collection a few agave djembe drums with drum head skin ... It was a little more difficult because I had to make a perfect circle on naturally imperfect body of agave. These two kinds of drums I had the opportunity to test, since I play (agavambe) drums in club's, music festivals and on the street as a street musician.. For performances I have my drum kit of four drums,  two with plastic skin and two with the skin of the  goat and so combine these two types of sound. The following is a short description of differences:                                                                                         
 CLASSICAL DJEMBE:                                
       GOOD: tribal soft sound, good resonance, creating Trance, making such a drum is easier 
       BAD: Subject to weather conditions (the difference in the sound of the night-day wet-dry), short duration of skin
DJEMBE WITH PLASTIC SKIN:  
       GOOD: Not subject to weather conditions, once tuned tonality remains the same, double the size of the volume (loudness), the durability of Drum Head
        BAD: Great resonance, Making drum is harder
To add to ...a drum with a plastic skin is leaving more Eco-friendly feeling because there's nothing on it of animal origin, although plastic is produced from petroleum that is created from sediments of creatures who died millions of years ago                                 so pick yourself ...                             


Powered by Blogger.